UK’s Leading Sporting Talent at Insight Evening
Leading lights from UK elite sport, including former pupils, shared their wisdom and tips for resilience and success with pupils, parents, Old Caterhamians and the whole school community at our OCA-sponsored Caterham School Society Insight Evening. A huge thanks to Crystal Palace FC for hosting our evening and to our amazing panel:
– Ama Agbeze, England Netball Captain
– Hollie Pearne-Webb MBE – GB/England Hockey Captain
– Rosie Clarke -Team GB Steeplechase & Old Caterhamian
– Charlie Robertson – Motoracing – LeMans 2018 & Old Caterhamian
– James Benning – former Surrey Cricket & Old Caterhamian
– Calum Giles OLY – double Olympic Hockey player
– Alex Bennett – former Saracens and England A
– Keynote speaker – Jeremy Snape, Sports Psychologist, Sporting Edge
Leading sports psychologist Jeremy Snape started the evening with a look at how top achievers take positive steps to achieve their dream targets and how they cope with the inevitable hurdles they encounter. Jeremy gave invaluable advice on how to embrace the lessons gained through setbacks and how to recalibrate to ensure a successful onward path.
Our audience then spent 10 minutes in conversation with each of our elite athletes sharing the inside track on their career highlights and tips for success.
Thanks to the Old Caterhamians’ Association for sponsoring this event – thanks too to our amazing audience. “Inspirational!”, “open & honest!”, “amazing” were just some of the comments from those who attended.
Caterham School Society Insight Evenings happen every term with each event focussing on a different profession or aspect of professional life. Recent Insight Evenings have focused on entrepreneurship (event hosted by UBS at their London headquarters) and cell therapy research (hosted by Guys Hospital). If you would like to get involved or have any suggestions for future Insight Evenings email: firstname.lastname@example.org